CCMV Diecast Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello everybody

4 posters

Go down

hello everybody Empty hello everybody

Post  Gray Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm Gray, short for Graham. I also answer to grumpy. I'm retired and a widower. I live in West Wales, 200 yards from the only pub in the village. so it's always a short walk home.
Being an ex driver all my model collection is 1/50th and truck based and nearly all BRS or Pickfords with a growing selection of Welsh trucks now as well. Up until recently I always bought Corgi but of late I have been looking at WSI models quite a lot. To date they haven't produced a model in the livery that interests me but from what I have seen and been told about the level of detail is far and away superior to that of Corgi.
As an aside, my thanks to Marty for setting up this forum and may I wish you well for the future.
Gray

Gray

Back to top Go down

hello everybody Empty Re: hello everybody

Post  Marty B Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Welcome aboard Gray. So far we all seem a nice friendly bunch, and seem to have a wide and varied interest. All postings very much welcome. I've seen some of Corgi's 2011 products planned, and they are now hitting 1980's Pickfords with the Volvo F10.
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggins Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello Gray Very Happy

Muggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I've seen a picture of the Pickfords Volvo, but it (to me) doesn't look right. I may be wrong, the photo I looked at was small but the fifth wheel looks like a tower. Its as if Corgi have taken the easy way out and rather than retool the neck of the trailer have just added two 'rings' to the fifth wheel.
I also saw pictures of a day cab Scania 111 or 112 with a tilt trailer in BRS Ltd colours which looked about right. We had day cabbed 111's in BRS Western.
Gray.

Gray

Back to top Go down

Post  keb1 Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi Grey.

keb1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down