CCMV Diecast Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lledo Promotionals

2 posters

Go down

Lledo Promotionals Empty Lledo Promotionals

Post  Marty B Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Lledo did many thousand promotional models over the years. Here are a couple of Lledos from my model collection. An original GB made Ford Transit on behalf of the Variety Club, available via Tetley tea many moons ago, and a Chinese made VW van from the 'Corgi takeover' era, produced to launch The Diecast Collector magazine.
Lledo Promotionals Lledo_10

Lledo Promotionals Lledo_11
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lledo Promotionals Empty Another Transit (Chinese)

Post  105E Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am

I have a transit Marty and Anglia (surprise) in the Dyno-Rod livery produced for their 40th anniversary. Lledo but
made in China Exclamation

Lledo Promotionals 003-1

again hard to get this one, took me a long time to find it at the right price

Andy
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Lledo Promotionals Empty Re: Lledo Promotionals

Post  Marty B Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am

It was sad that Lledo sent production to China, but their products became so expensive. The move over to China at the time just about halved the retail price, and sales started to recover, but it wasn't enough to same the company from going under & everything being bought up by Corgi. The Days Gone range has now been all but axed, but the Promotionals still occasionally carry the Lledo name.

Part of the old Enfield site of lledo is now occupied by model bus manufacturer Exclusive First Editions. Oxford seem to have filled the gap in the marketplace that the DG series once occupied.
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  105E Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

Its all about money! which is sad but true. It is all China at the moment, just not the same engineering! the way things are going maybe our time will come again? I love the early Enfield Anglias with their "hub cap" head lights and the early Corgi TV models like the Bond DB5, fantasic in their day, even now to me Sad
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down