CCMV Diecast Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales From The Trade

Go down

Tales From The Trade Empty Tales From The Trade

Post  Marty B Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 am

Quite a few years ago, when I was in the trade, a well to do gentleman walked into the shop with a very old suitcase. He carefully popped the case onto the counter and opened it. Inside is what could only be described as Dinky heaven..A collection of absolutely genuine, mint and boxed Dinkys. These were the Bedford O car transporter and ramp, several 8 wheelers, and quite a few cars. He asked me to value them with a chance to sell, as they were from his childhood, and were unearthed when clearing his late mother's house. Quite frankly, these were way out of my league. I advised him of the main London auction houses such as Christie's, and he said he actually worked near there.

He took them down and they advised him to put them in one of their toy auctions, and they all fetched a handsome price. He was expecting a few hundred, not well into 5 figures. Bless his cotton socks, after the sale he slipped us a few quid for the advice...
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum