CCMV Diecast Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DINKY BIG CAT

3 posters

Go down

DINKY BIG CAT Empty DINKY BIG CAT

Post  105E Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 am

One of my newest purchases the Dinky Big Cat, rumoured to have been the Dinky New Avengers Steeds Jag that never came off as Dinky were in serious trouble by this time?

DINKY BIG CAT Xmas2011cars025

any thoughts Question
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

DINKY BIG CAT Empty Re: Dinky big cat

Post  Builder dave Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:42 am

Yes the rumour is explained in the book 'Dinky Toys and modelled miniatures'.
There is a photo of the proposed Steed's Jaguar in the 1979 Dinky catalogue reproduced in the book and it was due to be numbered 113.
This was shelved along with the planned 307 Avengers gift set which also featured Purdey's TR7 in yellow.
If anyone is interested in Dinky toys I can recommend the book.

David D
Builder dave
Builder dave

Back to top Go down

DINKY BIG CAT Empty Re: DINKY BIG CAT

Post  Marty B Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 am

Shame Dinky hit the skids, but Corgi & Matchbox really were giving them a bloody nose at that time.
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  105E Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks Dave I will have a look for it, is it expensive? some of these books seem to make a lot of money! what era is covered?
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

DINKY BIG CAT Empty Re: Dinky big cat

Post  Builder dave Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 am

I have the 1995 edition of the book and it includes the 4A compendium with a full listing of all Dinkys from 1931 to 1979 with production dates and known colour permutations.
Amazon have several copies for sale for varying prices but all I would say is buy the newest edition you can find.
The book is an invaluable reference and just the job for boring all your mates senseless if they are not diecast collectors!
It is part of a series covering all major Hornby products, I have another two in the series covering the Meccano system.
Another good read is a book called 'Factory of Dreams' by Kenneth D Brown charting the rise and fall of the Meccano Binns Road empire (which includes Dinky toys) and looks back on where things started going wrong many years ago.
David D
Builder dave
Builder dave

Back to top Go down

Post  105E Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:34 am

Thanks, I'll check them out always good to have an idea or recommendation before buying! dont need a book though to bore my mates Sad
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down