CCMV Diecast Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Models

3 posters

Go down

Pathfinder Models Empty Pathfinder Models

Post  105E Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 pm

My Anglia estate, the only estate model in 1:43 that I am aware off? Built by Pathfider Models for the Norwegian company Minicar 43

Pathfinder Models Estate

Andy
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Models Empty Re: Pathfinder Models

Post  Marty B Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 pm

I bet it weighs as much as a real Anglebox estate. Is it true that one of the biggest 12" to the foot scale Anglias, Aubone Braddon is blind? Sure I read about his fleet in Classic Ford a few years back
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

https://ccmvdiecast.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Models Empty Large Scale Angleboxes

Post  105E Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Marty, good memory! There was an article about his collection of real Anglias in Practical Classics, June 2007 (my anorak side is coming out now). I met Aubone just once at the Anglia owners club AGM meeting in Kemble (the meeting was held inside an old aircraft) a very helpful and knowledgeable man. I believe he is partially sighted and does not drive because of this. He had at that time 8 Anglias 1:1 scale in his collection and 10 named drivers on his insurance policy!!! Here is a pic I took at Kemble of his van and Pick-up

Pathfinder Models Aubonne

He is the 105E Anglia owners club historian

sorry got a bit off topic

Andy
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty B Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

The article I read was about the resto of an estate he had at the time. He is deffo Mr Anglebox.
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gauge 0 Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 am

It's lovely being reminded of these Anglias. I always loved them at the time - but then I loved the Hillman Imp and the Bond Bug too lol
I'm starting to see the added attraction of diecast collecting! I can see at least two possible collection routes for me (as well as the 1/43's for my 7mm railway)

1. cars I owned - a complete record (in the right colours too) of every car I've owned

2. cars I coveted - D-type Jag, Interceptor, Elan etc

Hmnn...... Rolling Eyes

Gauge 0

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Models Empty Which way to go?

Post  105E Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 am

Hi, I went the Anglia route and TV related (60s and 70s), but it is hard to keep a lid on my collecting, I have set rules which I mostly restrict myself to and only one cabinet which is the size of a phone box!! (the cabinet is another story ex Beatties display) I used to have 3 small glass cabinets. The good thing is Lledo Vanguards produced Anglias in sets so I picked up an imp, herald, mini, etc........ Good luck with yours? I have thought of the cars I have owned, it should be what you enjoy and what provokes great memories? (in my opinion of course). Good luck!

Andy
105E
105E

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty B Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 am

Sounds like you have been bitten by the collecting bug Smile Good hunting..
Marty B
Marty B
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down